26 August, 2008

Tulsi


My reference is to the tulsi plant and not to the more famous (or so it seems!) Tulsi Virani that now adorns an airy corner of my balcony. Y has been down with the sniffles and after listening to all the well-meant advice from family and friends about the healing properties of the Tulsi plant we finally bought one from the nursery round the corner. Need I say how happy I am! I tend to it as if were my own child and stop to admire the pretty green leaves everytime I go to bring in the the dry laundry. Due to the paucity of space in my apartment, I had never given gardening a serious thought. Lets hope this little plant will inspire me to have our very own little green patch. I know it would please my mother to be able to finally make some “plant conversation” with me. She would be happy to see me take to gardening in the same manner she has. Afterall, which mother does not like to see a little of herself in her children.

No comments: