Chocolates (yum) and tea-cups from the North-East. The good thing about getting chocolates is that I can have them all by myself. Hubby doesn't care too much about them and I have not started Y on chocolates yet. Few of my friends think I'm like the bad step-mother who doesn't give my son anything 'nice' to eat. But I'm just trying to teach him good eating habits and for me personally chocolates do not fall in the category of suitable foods for a toddler. Now coming to the tea-cups; I was all set to let it be more of a decorative piece to brighten up a drab corner of my kitchen. However, I had strict orders from my friend to use it for more than just that. So now, we use them for our morning cuppa.
Oh, and I almost forgot to mention the pretty bag that I received. It's from Puri and has a pretty diamond-shaped pattern in the centre made of cowrie shells. Thank you girls for your thoughtful gifts!
And while December was mostly a fun month, there were some tense moments when Y came down with viral fever. I felt like the worst person ever when each time I had to pin him under me to force medicines down his throat as he wailed and kicked in protest. Until now, this is the one thing I hate most about being a mother. And as I look back at the year gone by, can't help feeling a wee bit misty-eyed to see how my boy has grown.
From crawling at the start of 2008 to climbing onto the dining table has been a big big learning curve for Y and more so for me as a parent.
I'm learning not to get irritated every time Y climbs onto my favourite sofa, biscuit in hand. Now you know how finicky I am, don't you? Have also mastered how to read a book as he keeps jumping in and out of my lap :) It's pretty tough for me though when he balks and cries and throws his little tantrums. But I'm learning to be firm and I'll probably have mastered that by the end of this year. As sonny boy gets more active, I know my posts are going to be few and far between. But I'll try to be fairly regular as much as possible. On that note, I hope all of you have a great year!

No comments:
Post a Comment