Time to stock up on ellu bella, sugarcane and sakkare pongal. I absolutely love ellu bella; haven't come across anyone else who pigs out on it as much as I do. And even as I eat more and more of the stuff I can't stop feeling a little sad that this festival is symbolic of the end of winter. Over the years, I've noticed how the temperatures rise steadily once Sankranthi has gone by. Winter is my favourite time of the year. I love to wear warm clothes and loll in bed with a nice book and hot coffee. Can't remember when I last did that...sigh. I could go on and on about this and forget that the purpose of my post was to wish all of you out there a very happy Sankranthi/Pongal/Lodhi whatever you call it in your part of the country.
14 January, 2009
Sankranthi
Time to stock up on ellu bella, sugarcane and sakkare pongal. I absolutely love ellu bella; haven't come across anyone else who pigs out on it as much as I do. And even as I eat more and more of the stuff I can't stop feeling a little sad that this festival is symbolic of the end of winter. Over the years, I've noticed how the temperatures rise steadily once Sankranthi has gone by. Winter is my favourite time of the year. I love to wear warm clothes and loll in bed with a nice book and hot coffee. Can't remember when I last did that...sigh. I could go on and on about this and forget that the purpose of my post was to wish all of you out there a very happy Sankranthi/Pongal/Lodhi whatever you call it in your part of the country.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
How many kgs did you eat? anything left for your hubby?
I know! I keep binging on those yummy treats and do miss them a lot after the festive season. But nothing prevents us from making them year round I guess ;) AFter all, we are blogger! LOL
Post a Comment