25 March, 2009

March has been busy

A week's visit to the land of Horus. Was it just a week I wonder. Sure felt like a month. Oh, how I love to get away from home for a bit! For all the fun one has while away, much worse is the feeling of having to get back to the daily grind. To the dust all over the house. To the dirty laundry. To the cooking and the cleaning and the catching up with all else routine. I usually have a hard time adjusting once back home from a trip. After two weeks of moping around, I finally have a grip on my frazzled nerves. I've pretty much settled in and am making some headway with getting the snaps organised. Of all pictures, this is my personal favourite.


In other updates, I have finally learnt to make Hubby's favourite breakfast dish - Puttu and Kadala curry. And that, believe me takes a big load off my chest. Now which Mallu wife would want to admit that she didn't know to make this quintessential Keralite dish. So I'm done with my one and only resolution for 2009 which was to get this one right; and I can rest in peace for the rest of the year :)

7 comments:

Suma Subramaniam said...

The pic is lovely...Did you go to Egypt? do send me the brigher ones too:-)

The puttu looks very delicious...I cant wait to have it.

Mini said...

I'll make some of it for you during your next visit to India. And yes, I'd been to Egypt. The snaps are coming...soon :)

Anonymous said...

You should be crowned for that puttu... not one but...Double crown!!

Mini said...

Anonymous,
I surmise that you've obviously heard too much about the double crown...:)

Sweetie said...

good one.. I mean the puttu & also the pix..

Mini said...

Thanks Smitha :D

Nima said...

nice photograph...

it was fun to read your puttu making