Growing up playing under the shade of the gulmohur, my friends and I have spent many summers fashioning fake nails from the calyx of the flower. I was keen on getting a good photo of this majestic tree before there are none left in the city.
Oh Yes--I used to love it too when I was in India. Absolutely marvellous I agree. In fact I have made a painting of a gulmohar tree. Its on my art site. Mini--a request--since you have anyway enabled comment moderation can you please take off the word verification (as it is useless since comments are anyway being moderated --so there is no chance of spam or bots).It will definitely make commenting easier :) Cheers Preeti
Welcome to MHY space! My name is Mini. Tea-drinking, icecream-loving mother to two. I hope to slow down and lead the intentional life, taking time to smell the flowers along the way. This blog documents the interesting, the mundane and the in-between of my life. Come join me on this journey.
8 comments:
How pretty! There are no gulmohars in Seattle, but the foliage in fall is a sight to see.
Growing up playing under the shade of the gulmohur, my friends and I have spent many summers fashioning fake nails from the calyx of the flower. I was keen on getting a good photo of this majestic tree before there are none left in the city.
Oh Yes--I used to love it too when I was in India.
Absolutely marvellous I agree. In fact I have made a painting of a gulmohar tree. Its on my art site.
Mini--a request--since you have anyway enabled comment moderation can you please take off the word verification (as it is useless since comments are anyway being moderated --so there is no chance of spam or bots).It will definitely make commenting easier :)
Cheers
Preeti
Thanks Preeti. Your suggestion has been taken. Just been looking at your art site & I think your painting of the gulmohur is lovely.
Yes dear u r so rite...your clicks are beautiful...
Thanks Priti!
What a beautiful tree and with the perfect colors for fall! blessings,Kathleen
Kathleen,
Yes, the colours are truly lovely. Thanks for stopping by!
Post a Comment