30 October, 2012

Trick or treat?

I've been after bokehs for a long time now. Taking pictures of the lighting display at Diwali, Christmas, Chinese New Year and what-other-festivals-have-you has only led to a lot of disappointment. I read up a bit and tried again numerous times; all to no avail. I just couldn't do it!

And then the other day, R and I were out on the balcony. It was a nice sunny day, the lighting was fantastic and I thought it'd be a good time to get a few pretty pictures. So I did my thing; stood behind R as she looked out and called to her. I wanted her to turn around and smile. I also wanted desperately to capture the yellow flowers in a beautiful manner.

At the end of the session, I had one picture out of a trillion(yes, I'm exaggerating) that I thought looked good. For one, R wouldn't turn around. And when she did, she wouldn't smile. I grew tired of pulling funny faces and making weird sounds. And then, those yellow flowers just weren't looking good enough...too blurry I thought. Thoroughly irritated, I dragged myself back inside to download them. Was in for a little surprise though. As the images came up on the screen, I wondered if I was imagining things. Those blurry yellow splashes of colour actually looked like a bokeh. Was my tired mind being tricked into believing that? Or was I being treated to a bokeh after all?

So, I looked and looked and YES it is a treat-it is my very first bokeh-yippee!




7 comments:

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Such pretty yellow and it worked well with the way you took the photo. Love those baby curls!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Hello, just stopped back by to see how you were. Have a great weekend!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Wishing you a blessed New Year!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Hi, Mini. How are you and your family? Hope this finds you doing well.

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Just stopped by to say hello! Hope this finds you doing well.

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Hello, how are you and your little family? I see that I have posted here before from my country blog, Eggs In My Pocket. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Hello again. Have a Merry Christmas!