16 July, 2010

Of bands & smileys

Rainbows are magical, aren’t they? Especially, if they came in twos…



…and also if they came in the form of giant smileys!





Singapore is turning out to be quite the ‘Rainbow Land’. I’ve never had so many sightings before & it looks like a lot of it has to do with the humidity around here.

And, just to add in some info here I’d like to mention that rainbows come in different variations. The one right at the top is called the Alexander’s band. I’d like to know if the smiley has a fancy name too…but I just don’t have the heart to wade through any more information on the net because it brings to mind those hateful Physics lessons from my school days.

3 comments:

Indian Khana said...

I never happened to see rainbow yet in SG ....where in sg u r dear?

Mini said...

Hi Priti, its interesting indeed that you haven't seen any yet! I guess living close to the airport means that the buildings here are not too tall & that gives us an unobstructed view of the sky. Thanks for stopping by. Hope you'll see one soon too :D

Suma Subramaniam said...

I just saw a rainbow two weeks ago, but a smiley is quite intriguing:-) Nice post Mini.