As corny as it sounds, I’m sure most mothers will agree that with kids the days are long and the years fly by much too quickly. Y turned three over the weekend and what a wonderful journey it has been. Being a mother has given me such a rich and varied experience like nothing ever has before. There were times I found myself stuck in a rut & other times when everything was smooth sailing. I’m sure the journey will be filled with many more interesting twists and turns in the years to come as we grow together.
Most parents talk of developmental milestones their children have met. I think it also makes sense to look at the many ways in which we have grown since becoming a parent. I still struggle a lot with the ‘ME’ bit. It’s not easy to suddenly put oneself much lower in the list of priorities, is it? And modeling good behaviour 24/7 is really, really tough especially when your little one follows you around the whole day taking everything in like a sponge.
A work-in-progress, I’m not there yet and having Y in my life is very definitely helping to smooth out those rough edges. Thank you my dearest for enriching my life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
How sweet! Don't they say, motherhood gives a new meaning to a woman. I can't believe Y is three already. Hope he had a great birthday and you did too!
Suma,I can't believe that either :) And yes, we did have a nice birthday celebration.
Post a Comment