And I can see why God probably sent me here. So, I’d learn to be more tolerant and accepting of my circumstances. Anyway, we made our way huffing and puffing along to find to my delight some very pretty sights.
There was Fort Canning Park; looking splendid with all the trees and wonderful landscaping. Today I chose to walk by; but I know I’m going later to explore the place some more. I’ll have some pictures to share after the next visit. I was much too busy just taking in the sights and sounds.
Further along, we came across a Hindu Temple. Isn’t it weird how I refer to it as the “Hindu” Temple. Back home, all temples are Hindu. Besides, I never even noticed them. But now anything Indian will definitely not escape my eyes. I think I’m still in the ‘ I’m-homesick’phase.
And ofcourse, the ubiquitous bougainvillea. One cannot visit this country and not notice the beauty of the different hues to be found everywhere.
The little punk refused to walk about 5 minutes into our stroll and I was left with no other choice but to labour on carrying him in my arms. My destination was not as close as I’d thought it to be.
This is where I was headed to.
The Church of Sacred Heart.
After the brief time spent in prayer, we headed back home. Back to our perch on the 24th floor to see the Singapore River meandering along aglitter in the noonday sun.

8 comments:
Mini,
And you'll slowly get used to calling it "the Hindu Temple". I have to tell you this. Its been 3 years since I visited the temple in Seattle athough it is just a five minute drive from my house. Not that I haven't been praying, but I guess I made many more frequent visits to the temple when I was in India.
Just love the pictures! So colorful! I can understand what you mean about the heat. I live in West Texas,....hot, dry..hard packed, strong winds and thorns everywhere! Yet, there can always be beauty hiding in all of it! Blessings,Kathleen
Nov 23, Hi, just stopped back by and wanted to wish you a happy Thanksgiving. What are your plans for Thanksgiving? Do they have turkeys available where you are? Would love to hear! blessings,Kathleen
@ Suma: Yeah, I'm sure I'll get used to that and all the other things that seem so very different right now.
@Kathleen: Oh yes, Singapore is a beautiful country despite the heat & humidity.
12-21-09
Just dropped back by to wish you a wonderful Christmas. blessings,Kathleen
Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!
lovely snaps and nice writeup.. :)
Thank you Kathleen, Lena & Anonymous for stopping by.
Post a Comment