It’s not like I have a problem with Hubby’s profession, but I’ve just begun to think that marrying a paediatrician would’ve been oh so convenient.
So, the big move has finally happened. Barely 4 days since we landed here and Y is down with fever already. It was during Diwali that he last came down with a cold, cough & fever. The doctor was quick to point out that it was probably the pollution and smoke from the fireworks that was making him sick.
It’s causing us a lot of worry as we watch him fall ill every month without fail. And each time the doctor said it was viral fever. We’ve had his blood & urine tested to rule out other possiblities. The results were normal with nothing to worry about. And yet he’s sick again. Being new to this place is definitely adding to our difficulties. Hubby’s way too busy at work to take a day off. We are yet to find a good hospital/doctor. Furthermore, I don’t know my way about yet to venture out on my own. Marrying a paediatrician sure would’ve solved all my concerns regarding Y’s health. Sigh!
As if things weren’t bad enough...we haven’t had a decent homemade meal since we’ve shipped our stuff. Ofcourse, there are plenty of Indian restaurants here...all of them serving super oily food that’s usually bright red in colour. I wish they wouldn’t do that...the red colour and all that oil. I never knew anyone in my family or friend circle who cooks that way. Then why do restaurants dish out such stuff in the name of Indian food.
Grumble, grumble, grumble. There's nothing else I can think of doing right now but grumble.
05 November, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment