26 July, 2010

Has this ever happened to you?

That you slip & fall, and instead of thinking about possible injuries you are thankful that nobody was around to see the inelegant heap you fell in? Yep, that’s me.

It had been raining all morning today & the lift floor was wet, which ofcourse I did not notice as I was rushing to make that 20 minute walk to Y's school. The lift doors opened, I stepped in & the next thing I knew was that I was sprawled across the floor. And just as if a slap-stick comic act were playing right in front of my eyes, I kept slipping further with each attempt to get up. Well, I did manage to get up with my dignity intact.

I’ve been chuckling all day to myself.

8 comments:

Suma Subramaniam said...

:-)I hope you didn't hurt yourself Mini.

I always get so caught up in the laughter after a fall, that everything else around it seems so insignificant.

Nice to see your posts again:-) Keep it coming.

Mini said...

Minor cuts & scrapes, a sore back and soiled clothes too. Thanks so much for asking Suma...truly appreciate that! You are totally bang on about the laughter bit.

Suma Subramaniam said...

Just coming back to let you know that I had my share last evening...fell off the stairs and hurt my foot:-) Why do I have to always race down the stairs with Duke??

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Hi, finally got a chance to stop by and visit. I love the look of your blog. And yes, I have slipped and have fallen........right in front of everyone........and all I wanted to do was to disappear! lol. Glad that you are ok. blessings,Kathleen

Mini said...

@Suma - hope your foot is fine now. I'm sure you had something to keep you smiling all day long :D
@Kathleen - it's good to hear from you. Thanks for leaving a comment.

Mini said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Saumya said...

Aw, this definitely just happened to me over the weekend!! I'm glad you got a good laugh :)

Eggs In My Pocket said...

5/6/11, Hi Mini, just dropped by to see how you are. I do read your comments on my blog and just want you to know how much I appreciate you stopping by! blessings,Kathleen