Soon after my move to Singapore in 2009, someone jokingly described the weather as - hot and raining or hot and about-to-rain. As it turned out, the description was bang on and I soon found myself running to and fro gathering up the drying laundry each time the heavens opened up. It took some time getting used to because in Bangalore it only rained during the monsoons. So I hemmed and hawed never realising ever that I had actually become quite used to it as also the loud claps of thunder. Ah yes, the thunder! Louder than the loudest I'd ever heard before, I was petrified every time it thundered in the initial days.
Talking of today, it has been a little over a month after the move back to Bangalore. And, strangely enough I've been yearning for a typical Singapore-style Sumatra Squall. Yes, I love those squalls!
What have you been craving for?
13 April, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
me tooo...
It's almost like the saying, "You never miss the water till the well runs dry". Hope you get a good squall soon!
Just dropped by to say hello. Hope everything is well in your world!
Post a Comment