12 September, 2008

Dastakar '08



We finally made it to Dastkar during the last weekend of August. I was going there after a gap of three years. Somehow it didn't seem as magical as the last time I'd been there. There were no folk singers or dancers. Besides, it was very dark, grey and cloudy and the heavens threatened to open up any moment. Infact, it was raining when we left home and I didn't think there'd be any use going there if it were to rain. With a toddler in tow, there was no way we could risk getting drenched. The last thing I wanted was another bout of cold and cough. Luckily, it stopped raining and we had a good hour's time to check out all the stalls before closing time. I did feel it was a little rushed and that actually worked in my favour 'cause otherwise I'd have made a lot of unnecessary purchases to regret about in the future. I hoped to take some good pictures, but my camere died out on me. I did manage to take a few even though the battery was low.







I thought this lady looked rather pretty. Somehow, she seems spooky now.



I did like this elephant very much.



And that is a 'thoran' I picked up for my home. I can never come away empty-handed from such exhibitions :)

No comments: