30 September, 2008

Baby-proofing

Y and I spend the entire day with each other and a considerable amount of time is spent in the kitchen. The kitchen is his favourite place and he absolutely loves to tinker about with the pots and pans. The challenge for me lies in ensuring that he doesn't hurt himself or jam his fingers as he opens and closes the cabinets in gay abandon. It has become a MAJOR concern as I am increasingly unable to stop him from pulling everything out of place. I'm not sure if there are any baby-proofing options available in my city. At first, I emptied out some of the cabinets. When that didn't seem enough I had to settle with something as crude as securing the handles with a cord.


There now, that looks good to me. I'm off to forage for anything that can do the trick. I might have old shoelaces stashed away somewhere...

No comments: