01 October, 2008

Baby-proofing continued

As I went rummaging for the old shoelaces, I found some delicate baby pink satin ribbon sitting in my cupboard. I was elated. Here comes the grand chance I thought to myself, to prove that the ribbon I had refused to discard was going to be put to good use. I set about securing the remaining cabinets. Part of it was done using the shoelace and the other using ribbon.



What transpired after 30 minutes of Y's tugging at it was something I wasn't really prepared for. Ribbon, it seems is totally the wrong choice if ones' intention is to achieve what I had in mind.



At this juncture, I had to cut the ribbon to open the cupboard. And that is not what I want to waste time on while I am whipping up lunch in a hurry. Finally, I just stuck to good old trusty shoelaces to keep Y's fidgety hands out of those cupboards.

Lesson learnt - Never use satin ribbon for any purpose other than what it was meant. It looks best on braids.

1 comment:

Nima said...

you gave me a good laugh....we cannot imagine how a toddler adapt to the circumstances.....