02 October, 2008

I'm talented

I have an innate talent for creating mountains out of molehills. And thanks to me there's a mountain in my house that has been growing at an alarming rate. With a toddler in my care I find myself continuously on my toes both literally and figuratively. His napping time is when I get all the chores done. Any lapse automatically translates into unmade beds, dusty surfaces, heaps of unfolded laundry, messy kitchen and well the list goes on. I'm not sure what got into me last week, but I talked myself into ignoring the unfolded laundry which lay in a big heap on the diwan. Probably, because that's the only one on the list that can be ignored for more than a day! And, with spare time on my hands I just surfed and surfed the net to my heart's content. What a lovely time I had as I went through the blogs that had been brought to my notice by the lady over at Violet Cottage. I was amazed at all the fantastic things those women out there were doing. Some were sewing and embroidering their own linen. The others were busy churning out wonderful dishes. And all the while, I was procrastinating and ofcourse, running up a huge 'internet' bill. I am glad to say that I finally have everything under control. A great big chunk of time was spent folding and I tell myself (yet again) that this is not going to repeat.

4 comments:

anudivya said...

Tell me about it! I hate folding clothes...

Mini, about the crispiness of the Oats dosai... one thing, did you try making it like a regular dosai (spreading from center to outside) or like Rava dosai (from outside to the center).
I recommend doing the latter.
The batter should be really really thin, and you should be able to pour it into a thin layer "without" spreading. And it does take longer to crisp up then a normal dosai, I use two griddles to speed up the process. Hope it helps the next time you make it.

Mini said...

Thanks Anudivya. Will definitely try it out again and follow the instructions to the T. I'll let you know how I fare the next time.

Anonymous said...

whats the relation between crispy dosas and clothes... ???

do you fold colothes also in a crispy manner...!!!

Mini said...

Okay now, Anonymous that's a cheeky one. It's true though, that I like my clothes to be crisply folded just the way I like my dosas to be.